By KOHAR RICHARD
- Introduction to Logic
- Proofs and Arguments
- Sets and Set Operations
- Elements of Combinatorics
- Sequences and Series
- The Binomial Theorem
- Introduction to Probability
- Random Variables
- Probability Distributions
Readership: Undergraduates in likelihood and statistics, common sense and set theory.
- One of the 1st books written on discrete arithmetic for the arts audience
- Litte mathematical wisdom is believed. nice for arts, liberal arts, and stimulated high-school students
- Uses Pólya's method of challenge fixing: comprehend the matter, devise a plan, perform the plan, and glance back
- Full strategies to all workouts included
- Clear format of textual content with crucial figures
Read or Download BASIC DISCRETE MATHEMATICS: LOGIC, SET THEORY, AND PROBABILITY PDF
Similar discrete mathematics books
In line with the author’s substantial examine, this ebook comprises cutting-edge reports of labor in drawing interpretation and discrete optimization. It covers either drawings of polyhedral gadgets in addition to complicated curved objects.
This distinctive quantity offers a fruitful and gorgeous mathematical international hidden in Caianiello's neuronic equations, which describe the instant habit of a version of a mind or considering computing device. The specified research from a standpoint of “dynamical systems”, even in one neuron case, permits us to acquire amazingly sturdy rational approximations to the Hecke–Mahler sequence with variables.
Glossy laptop mathematics makes a speciality of arbitrary-precision algorithms for successfully appearing mathematics operations akin to addition, multiplication and department, and their connections to subject matters similar to modular mathematics, maximum universal divisors, the short Fourier rework (FFT), and the computation of easy and targeted services.
Theoretical experiences in laptop technological know-how makes a speciality of the sector of theoretical machine technology. This publication discusses the context-free multi-languages, non-membership in definite households of context-free languages, and unmarried tree grammars. The complexity of structural containment and equivalence, interface among language thought and database concept, and automata idea for database theoreticians also are deliberated.
- Sparse Grid Quadrature in High Dimensions with Applications in Finance and Insurance: 77 (Lecture Notes in Computational Science and Engineering)
- Maple V: Mathematics and its Applications: Proceedings of the Maple Summer Workshop and Symposium, Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute, Troy, New York, August ... Institute, Troy, New York, August 9-13, 1994
- Graph-Theoretic Concepts in Computer Science: 40th International Workshop, WG 2014, Nouan-le-Fuzelier, France, June 25-27, 2014. Revised Selected Papers (Lecture Notes in Computer Science)
- Coloured Petri Nets: Basic Concepts, Analysis Methods and Practical Use. Volume 1 (Monographs in Theoretical Computer Science. An EATCS Series)
- Asymptotic Methods for Integrals (Series in Analysis)
- Computer Algebra Recipes: An Advanced Guide to Scientific Modeling
Additional info for BASIC DISCRETE MATHEMATICS: LOGIC, SET THEORY, AND PROBABILITY
BASIC DISCRETE MATHEMATICS: LOGIC, SET THEORY, AND PROBABILITY by KOHAR RICHARD