By David Krasner
- Provides a balanced overview of the most important performs and playwrights of the period.
- Shows how those dramatists broke new floor of their contribution to political, monetary, social and cultural debates, in addition to of their dramaturgical strategies.
- Organized chronologically, with performs, playwrights and routine clustered round assorted pursuits resembling realism and experimentalism.
- Gives readers a feeling of the improvement of yankee drama over time.
Read Online or Download American Drama 1945 - 2000: An Introduction (Wiley Blackwell Introductions to Literature) PDF
Best united states drama & plays books
Fourteen-year-old Annie Spring is radiant with lifestyles. As she fees via her youngsters in the middle of the chaotic Nineteen Seventies, she is overjoyed to have stumbled on real love with Dan, a highschool sophomore. yet her international adjustments eternally whilst she all of sudden discovers she is pregnant—an unacceptable final result for a tender, unwed lady.
From The Persians"Defeat is impossibleDefeat is unthinkableWe have continually been the favorites of destiny. Fortune has cupped usIn her golden hands. It has simply been a matterOf making a choice on our hope. Which fruitTo choose from the nodding tree. "This chilling passage is from Ellen McLaughlin’s new version of The Persians through Aeschylus, the earliest surviving play in Western literature, an elegy for a fallen civi-lization and a caution to its new conqueror.
The 1st ever scene and monologue e-book written for lesbian actors! Over thirty-two monologues and over sixty scenes from twenty of Gage’s most well-liked performs. . many of the roles are written particularly for African American, Hispanic, Latina, and Anglo actors, yet such a lot aren't particular for race or ethnicity.
A motor-mouthed college of spoken observe and storytelling. stories of paranoia, younger love and ultra-violence… from the table of christopher brett bailey comes a spiraling odyssey of pitch-black humour and nightmarish prose. this can be HOW WE DIE is a chief slice of surrealist trash, an Americana loss of life journey and a dizzying exorcism for a global confident it's dying…
- Staging Ground: An American Theater and Its Ghosts (Keystone Books)
- Love Laws
- AFTER MARDI GRAS ICE: Revised original Mardi Gras Ice and the Sequel
- Mamet Plays: 2: Reunion; Dark Pony; A Life in the Theatre; The Woods; Lakeboat; Edmond
- Blood on the other side
- One Soul
Extra info for American Drama 1945 - 2000: An Introduction (Wiley Blackwell Introductions to Literature)
American Drama 1945 - 2000: An Introduction (Wiley Blackwell Introductions to Literature) by David Krasner